Thursday, October 16, 2014

Faith Overcomes Fear

As the mother went to help her child get ready for bed, lightning was flashing and thunder was heard. It was a storm outside. The little girl said, "Mom, I don't want to sleep by myself. I'm afraid. Will you sleep with me?" The mother said, "Don't be afraid because God is with you." The little girl replied, "I know He is with me, but I need someone to see." How can we believe in God if we can't see Him?

By faith you see God who is invisible. He is like the air around you. Without God you would not have life, but you can't see Him with your eyes. Unbelief says, "There is no God because I can't see Him." Faith says, "I see Him who is invisible."

Faith in God overcomes fear. You have a choice to live by faith or to live by fear. In this life, you encounter many fears in different ways. It's easy to fall prey to fear. You have a clear choice. You may live by faith or resign to a life of fear. Faith in God brings victory over all of your fears.

"By faith he (Moses) forsook Egypt,
not fearing the wrath of the king;
for he endured as seeing Him who is invisible."

Hebrews 11:27