Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Faith Receives from God

Have you been been praying about something for a long time? You may wonder if God is hearing you. So you have prayed over a problem and the answer has not come? The Bible teaches you to continue in prayer. Don't give up. The Bible encourages you to wait upon God. 

Faith refuses to give up, knowing that God hears and answers prayer. The power of prayer is faith, and the power of faith is the Holy Spirit. Faith is a gift of the Holy Spirit.

Doubt says, "I prayed yesterday and God hasn't answered my prayer. I guess He didn't hear me." Faith says, "I prayed about my problem and I know God heard me. He will answer in His time and in His way."

Your faith is tested in prayer. When you ask in faith, you receive from God. Receive with thanksgiving to God. Thank God by faith before the answer actually comes. With such faith God is pleased.

Doubt blocks you from answered prayer. All of us have a "bout with doubt" sooner or later. How can you defeat doubt to receive from God? First, base your faith on the promises of the Bible. Also, continue in prayer, looking unto Jesus and standing on the promises of God.

"Looking unto Jesus, 
the author and finisher of our faith." 

Hebrews 12:2