Saturday, November 21, 2015

How to Please God

How can you please God? Someone may say, "I try to live a good life. Surely, I can't do any better." Someone else may say, "I go to church and say my prayers. What more can I do?" Another may say, "I'm trying hard to live the Christian life. God must be pleased." What do you say?

There is only one way to please God, according to the Bible. God's word states clearly, "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6). Faith is trusting God to do in us what we can't do for ourselves. Most importantly, it is to change our hearts, working in us through the Spirit of God.

Faith does not look to self; it looks to God. Faith is not self-confidence; it is confidence in God. Faith does not make it possible; faith depends upon God who can do the impossible. Faith pleases God every time and all the time. 

Do you have faith to please God? Someone may say, "I try hard to have faith." Another person says, "Sometime I think that I have faith, and sometime I'm not sure." Listen, the faith that pleases God is a gift from God. It comes through the Son of God. "Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith" (Hebrews 12:2). Look to Jesus for the faith to please God.