Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Forgive Them

Is there anyone you need to forgive? Sometime it's hard to forgive, but to refuse causes even more problems. Refusing to forgive others has serious results in your relationship with God. He forgives you and expects you to forgive others. The Bible teaches us to be "tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you" (Ephesians 4:32).

You may say, "I would forgive them, but they don't want my forgiveness." Most people who hurt you could probably not care less about your forgiveness. They could quickly say, "I don't need your forgiveness. I didn't do anything wrong to you." But, it's really not about them, as much as it is about you and your relationship with God.

Pray the Word: Father, I forgive all who have done anything wrong to me. Thank You for giving me a tender heart that I may forgive, through Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen.

Do the Word: Ask God if you need to forgive anyone. He will bring to your attention anyone you need to forgive. Don't let the people you need to forgive stand between God and you. Follow the example of Jesus. Pray, "Father, forgive them."