Friday, January 19, 2018

Everything You Need

"The LORD is my shepherd; I have everything I need" (Psalm 23:1, NLT). Knowing God as everything you need is knowing Him as your Shepherd. That means you are surrendered to His good will. He promises to lead you through all the days of your life. Sheep need a shepherd to lead them everywhere they go. The shepherd knows how to take care of his sheep every day and everywhere.

God brings satisfaction to your life. You trust Him in all your circumstances. He gives direction and guidance all along the way. He knows the way. He leads you in the right path. He is your guide and counselor. God is your everything. Therefore, your faith can say, "I have everything."

Sheep follow their shepherd. They trust him all along the way. You may ask, how can I follow God? God's Spirit lives in the heart of every believer. The Spirit of God will lead you by peace. "And let the peace of God rule in your hearts" (Colossians 3:15). God's peace will lead you as a shepherd. With God as your shepherd, you can say, "I have everything I need."

Do you have everything? You may think of clothes, a house, another job, a new car, and the list could go on and on. All these things will not satisfy you. What you need is a relationship. That relationship is with God. He is your everything.