Monday, November 24, 2014

Come Back to God

The man said to a pastor, "I have drifted away from the Lord, and I don't know how to get back." The pastor said, "I drifted away from God years ago, and I found my way back. You can come back to God the same way." The pastor shared with him verses from the Bible, explaining how God forgives our sins and takes us back. After they had prayed, the man said, "I feel like I have come home to God." He had done just that. The Father always welcomes the return of His wayward children.

Have you wandered away from God? Most of us can admit that we have. God invites us to return to Him. He forgives us and embraces us in His arms of love. He restores our lives and renews our joy. There is no reluctance with God our Father to receive you.

Do you know how to return to God? Simply confess your sins to Him. He will forgive you. Ask Him to change your heart. He can. Yield to His mercy and grace in Christ. Let go of your sin and guilt. Know that He has a plan for your life. He will use you for His glory.

"If we confess our sins,
He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins
and to cleanse us
from all unrighteousness."

1 John 1:9