Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pray God's Promises

"Call to Me, and I will answer you,
and show you great and mighty things,
which you do not know."

Jeremiah 33:3

Two ladies were talking about their prayer life. One said, "I pray every day, but often I have doubts about God really hearing my prayers. I sometime think maybe He will hear this prayer." The other lady said, "I understand how you think that way. At one time I did also, but then I discovered the power of praying the promises of God in the Bible. My faith became stronger, and I know that God hears me."

God made a wonderful promise to Jeremiah. If the prophet would call upon God, then the Lord would hear him and show him things that he knew not. God promised to show the prophet mighty things. Believers in Jesus Christ have the promises of God in prayer. "For all the promises of God in Him [Christ] are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us" (2 Corinthians 1:20).

Wouldn't it be great to offer a prayer to God, knowing that He will answer with a Yes, even before we ask Him? That was true for Jeremiah. It is also true for every believer in Christ. The promises of God in the Bible are ours in Christ Jesus. He is the Yes and Amen of our prayers. The word Amen means "so be it." Jesus is the Amen of our prayers, based upon God's sure covenant promises. Pray God's promises.

Prayer: Father, we believe all of Your promises are for us, Yes and Amen, through Jesus Christ our Lord.