Saturday, February 2, 2013

Knowing God's Truth

"And His truth endures to all generations."

Psalm 100:5

A man said to a minister, "I would like to know the truth about God. I have listened to preachers and teachers on radio and television. I have read a lot of religious books that offer different opinions. Frankly, the more I listen and read, the more confused I become. How can I ever know the truth?" The minister gave him a Bible. He said, "The Bible is the word of truth. Read it, and God will show you the truth. God loves you and wants you to know the truth." The man returned months later, saying to the minister, "I was searching for the truth without any success, as I read the Bible, the truth found me." His life was really changed, because the truth that endures to all generations found him.

The God of all truth makes His truth known to all generations. God's truth comes to us through the Bible, the word of truth. The Bible reveals Jesus, who said, "I am the truth" (John 14:6). The Holy Spirit is known as the Spirit of truth. He inspired the authors of Scripture. He reveals Jesus as the Son of God, the Savior of the world. He convinces people of the truth of God. Jesus said of the Holy Spirit, "He will guide you into all truth" (John 16:13). God has made His truth available for all generations.

Do you want to know the truth about God and His will for your life? It is not a mystery that you cannot know, but it is only revealed by the Spirit of truth to our hearts and minds. Only truth can set us free from fear, doubt and unbelief. Truth is the basis for our faith, the reason for our hope, and confidence of our trust in God. Jesus said, "If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free" (John 8:31-32). Knowing God's truth is offered to all.
God, as we read Your word of truth, guide us into all truth that we may be free, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.