Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Receive God's Help

"My help comes from the LORD,
who made heaven and earth."

Psalm 121:2

Two Christian men were talking. One said to the other, "You know, I've heard sermons and testimonies for years about how God helps people in trouble, but lately I have had my doubts. I've had some big problems. I've asked God over and over to help me, but I don't see Him doing it." His friend said, "I think I see the answer to your doubt. It's a problem all of us confront. You said, 'I don't see Him doing it.' We all want to see it happen, but faith and sight are not the same. We walk by faith, not by sight, according to the Bible. I've learned to ask Him, and just go ahead and thank Him that He is helping me."

Our help from God comes to us as believers through His covenant promises. The word LORD is His covenant name. He has bound Himself with an oath to fulfill all of His promises to those who trust Him. The psalmist spoke with assurance in the covenant-keeping God, when he said, "My help comes from the LORD."

The LORD our God cannot break His word. He is faithful and trustworthy. We may not know how He will help us, but we can know by faith in God who has promised, that help is on the way.

Unbelief says, "Why should God help me? I don't expect Him to. God helps those who help themselves." Doubt says, "Well, He has helped me before, but I don't know if He will this time." Faith says, "My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth." God wants to help us. God is willing to help us. Yes, God who cannot lie has promised to help us. 


God, we receive Your help today.