Monday, April 20, 2015

Faith Sees God

"By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king;
for he endured as seeing Him who is invisible."

Hebrews 11:27

A boy asked his dad this question, "Why can't we see God?" His dad said, "Son you can see God." The son replied, "Do you mean like make believe?" Dad smiled and said, "No son, it's not make believe, it's only believe. God is invisible, so we must see Him by faith." He had yet another question for dad, "What is faith?" Dad said, "Faith is knowing that He's there, even though our eyes don't see Him. He's like the air that we breathe. We know air is there, but we don't see it." His son said, "That's good dad. I understand now. I just need to take a deep breath and know God is there."

Moses was a man of faith. He was able to see Him who is invisible. He was able to overcome all fear, even fear of the king's wrath, because He saw Him who is invisible. He was able also to endure many hardships, because He was sure that God was with him. Moses defines faith for every believer in his example. Faith sees God who is invisible.

Unbelief testifies, "I don't believe in God because I've never seen Him." Faith says, "I believe in God because I see Him. I see Him in the work of creation. I see Him working in my life. I see Him answering my prayers. I see Him changing the lives of others."

Faith is a gift from God to receive. Faith is a work of God's Spirit in our hearts. Faith is always seeing God. Unbelief cannot see God. God is Spirit (John 4:24). The natural eyes of man are unable to see God. With the heart, man sees God by faith.