Sunday, April 26, 2015

Love Never Fails

"Love never fails."

1 Corinthians 13: 8

A woman met with a prayer partner. She said, "I've had a rough time in the office this week. Some of the people that I work with are a test of my patience." Her friend asked, "How can I pray for you?" She replied, "Just ask God to fill me with His love. If I'm filled with His love, I know that I will have peace and patience." 

The greatest need that all of us have is to love and be loved. Love created us, because God is love (1 John 4:8). According to God's commandments, the purpose of life is to love God and others. The first word that describes the fruit of the Spirit in our lives is love (Galatians 5:22). Love is the single greatest evidence that God is at work in us. The greatest gift of the Holy Spirit for each of us is love (1 Corinthians 13:13).

We can conquer any situation in life through God's love. "We are more than conquerors through Him who loved us" (Romans 8:37). The Spirit of love is the Spirit of God. Love never fails, because God is love, and God never fails.

You may face problems that seem almost impossible to overcome. You could pray that God will take all of your problems away. If He chooses not to remove them, He will help you through them as a conqueror. We face our problems with fear or love. Fear says, "I will run away from my problems. I will look for a place where there are no problems." Love says, "I will face my problems without fear, because God is with me." Love never fails.