Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Friends Refresh You

A men's prayer group met for breakfast every Monday at 7 a.m. Several guys got together to share their faith and their prayer requests. One man shared, "In my business I often deal with people who drain me. In the afternoon after work, I go home really drained. But, I want you to know that prayer and fellowship with you guys really refreshes me. I look forward to this meeting every week."

Christian friends may refresh you. There is joy when you gather with them. You need to be refreshed with Christian fellowship. You are a member of the same body, the body of Christ. We need one another. The Christian life was never intended to be lived as a "lone ranger." It's the will of God that you find strength from him, and that often comes through Christian friends. 

Do you have a support group of Christian friends? It may be a Bible study group or a prayer group. It may be fellowship with friends from your local church. Don't cut yourself off from the fellowship of other believers. Be a part of a group that refreshes you. Pray that God will use you to refresh others.

"That I may come to you with joy by the will of God,
and may be refreshed together with you."

Romans 15:32