Saturday, September 9, 2017

Guilt Be Gone

Is there any way to break free from guilt? So many have tried and failed. Take your guilt to the one who can surely set you free. Jesus has the power to release you from the bondage of guilt. He is qualified, because he died for all your sins. He lives to deliver you from all guilt. Jesus said to a sinful woman, "Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more" (John 8:11). Jesus has no desire to condemn you. He came to die for your sins and take away your guilt.

Legalistic religion delights in condemning people to put a heavier load of guilt upon them. However, Jesus delights in setting people free from sin and guilt. "God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved" (John 3:17).

Pray the Word: Lord Jesus, I receive your mercy and forgiveness. I admit that I have done wrong. Save me from the condemnation of my sin. Thank you for dying on the cross to take away all my sins. Amen.

Do the Word: Refuse to live with guilt any longer. Believe that it's God's will to forgive you and take away all your sins. Don't agree with guilt. Agree with God's mercy and grace in Christ.