Monday, September 4, 2017

Joy Comes to You

Real joy comes to you from a personal relationship with God. He wants you to experience joy as a result of knowing his great love. God sent his Son Jesus into this world that you may have abundant life. It is abundant not because of gaining wealth and fame. It is an abundant relationship with God through Jesus Christ.

God's Spirit enables you to know love and joy through Christ. As you trust Jesus to change your life, the Holy Spirit comes to you with love which is unconditional, resulting in joy that is inexpressible. Believing is receiving God's love and joy in Christ. "Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory" (1 Peter 1:8).

Pray the Word: God, I want your love and joy to fill my life. I believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and I receive the abundant life through Christ. May the Holy Spirit fill my life with joy inexpressible, through Jesus my Lord. Amen.

Do the Word: If you do not experience joy in your life as a believer, identify any particular sin that you need to confess to God. Turn away from it, that God may restore the joy of your salvation.