Sunday, September 3, 2017

God Speaks to You

As you read the Bible, God's Spirit will speak to your heart. He wants you to know how much he loves you. He knows that you have done things that are wrong. He sent his Son Jesus to die on the cross for your sins. Jesus is alive! He is risen from the dead. The good news is that you can know God through faith in the Lord Jesus.

God speaks to your heart through the Holy Spirit. Your heart is your inner-person, that is your mind, will, emotions, and conscience. God's Spirit communicates with your heart. "Therefore as the Holy Spirit says, 'Today, if you will hear His voice, harden not your hearts" (Hebrews 3:7-8).

Pray the Word: God, speak to my heart today, through the Holy Spirit. As I read the Bible, speak to me that I may understand your love and grace for me. I want to understand more about you. Open the the eyes of my heart, through the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Do the Word: Ask God to speak to your heart each time you read the Bible. Ask Him to apply the Scripture to your mind and life, through the Holy Spirit.