Saturday, September 23, 2017

Purpose in Your Life

God made you with a need for him. Your heart is never satisfied until you discover a personal relationship with the One who made you and loves you. He made you for a purpose, and that purpose is fulfilled only in him. Even the secular world recognizes the need for meaning and purpose in life. That meaning and purpose is ultimately found in God. That is really knowing God.

As you have a God-given desire to satisfy thirst with water, so you may have a thirst for the living God. Your thirst is satisfied, when God's purpose is revealed to you in Christ. He comes to you through the Holy Spirit. Then, and only then, you are satisfied. That's really knowing God through Jesus Christ. Then you can truly say,"For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain" (Philippians 1:21).

Pray the Word: God, I submit myself to your purpose for my life, through Jesus Christ my Lord. May your good will be done in my life, in Jesus name. Amen.

Do the Word: Read the Bible to know God's purpose and good will for your life. But, more than reading the Bible, do the word. Recognize God's purpose for your life is in Christ.