Sunday, November 4, 2018

Jesus with You Today

As a believer in Jesus Christ, you must remember that He is with you today and always. He will never leave you, because He loves you. That's a good reminder to all believers everywhere. Take the Lord at His word. Jesus said, "I am with you always, even to the end of the world" (Matthew 28:20).

Every believer is indwelt by the Spirit of the living Christ. He comes to live in you. The Spirit of Christ is your constant companion. As the expectant mother may feel the unborn baby move within her from time to time, nevertheless, most of the time she does not feel the baby move. So it is with the Spirit of Christ within you as a believer. He can move within you in ways you recognize. However, He lives in you today and always.

A new Christian said to a friend, "When I received Christ, I felt the love and joy of His presence, but I don't have that feeling now. It bothers me. Have I done something wrong?" His friend said, "He's still with you. Feelings come and go, but He has promised never to leave you. Simply take Him at His word."

We may get excited about special times with the Lord, when we know He is moving in our lives. However, remember He is with you today and always. Jesus promised to be with us always. Feelings say, "Sometime I know He is with me. Other times, I'm not sure." Faith says, "He is with me always, whether I feel His presence or not." Faith is not a feeling, and feeling is not faith. Only faith can know Jesus is with you today and always.