Saturday, January 29, 2022

Faith Receives

Have you been praying about something for a long time? You may wonder if God is hearing you. So you have prayed and the answer has not come? The Bible teaches you to keep on praying. Don't give up. Faith waits on God to answer in His time and way. 

Faith refuses to give up, knowing that God hears and answers prayer. The power of prayer is faith, and the power of faith is the Holy Spirit. Faith is a gift of the Holy Spirit. Look to Jesus Christ for the faith you need. "Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith" (Hebrews 12:2).

Doubt says, I prayed yesterday and God hasn't answered my prayer. I guess He didn't hear me. Faith says, I prayed and I know God heard me. He will answer in His time and in His way. 

"But when you ask him, be sure you really expect him to answer, for a doubtful mind is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind" (James 1:6, NLT). Faith expects God to answer prayer according to His will.

Faith receives from God in prayer. Faith receives with thanksgiving in prayer to God. Thank God by faith before the answer becomes visible. With such faith God is pleased. The prayer of faith defeats doubt to receive from God.