Saturday, September 29, 2012

Life Changing Thoughts

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
nor are your ways My ways, says the LORD."

Isaiah 55:8

A wife said to her husband, "My thoughts bother me. I have thoughts of fear, jealousy and anxiety. I don't know what to do." Her husband said, "It could be the novels you read and the television programs that you watch." She said, "You know, I believe you may be right. What I read and see on television is full of fear, jealousy and anxiety. I suppose, if I program my mind with that, I can expect to live that."

What we think about and focus our minds upon is important. Repentance means a change of mind. We change our minds from our thoughts to God's thoughts. Our minds need to be renewed. "Be not conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God" (Romans 12:2). When we change our thoughts, we change our lives by the grace of God.

How do you feed your mind? The world's mental diet is based upon things that lead to doubt, confusion and fear. A diet of God's thoughts leads to peace of mind. Jesus said, "If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free" (John 8:31-32). We know God's thoughts through the Bible. Read it. Meditate upon it. Memorize it. Feed your mind upon His word. It is full of life-changing thoughts.

Prayer: Father, we want to think Your thoughts. Renew our minds through Your word, in Jesus name. Amen.