Sunday, October 7, 2012

Worship with Singing

"All the earth shall worship You,
And sing praises to You."

Psalm 66:4

A woman shared an experience with the women in her small group Bible study. She said, "I've been through some depressing situations recently. Often, I prayed and things just didn't seem to change. Then, one day after praying, an old gospel song came to my mind. I haven't heard it in years. When I began to sing that song, I knew God was doing something in my heart. I experienced His love and peace. I was really worshiping the Lord."

The book of Psalms was inspired of God to help His people worship Him in songs of praise. Every psalm was written to be sung. We worship God with prayers and praise. Often we sing both. Real worship brings us into the experience of God's presence. In the glory of God's presence lives are changed by the love and mercy of God. "Sing out the honor of His name; Make His praise glorious" (Psalm 66:1).

Does your heart hunger to experience God's presence? Sing His praises from your heart. You need not be a musician nor a trained singer. It's not about a performance. It's really about a heart hungry to experience God through worship and praise. You need not be in a cathedral nor a church building to worship Him. Worship God wherever you are. Sing praise unto His name. He will meet you where you are. Worship with singing.

Prayer: Lord, we hunger to experience You in worship. We come before You with singing, thanksgiving and praise, in Jesus name. Amen.