Wednesday, February 25, 2015

God Will Guide You

God always delights in leading you in the right way. He will lead you as you are willing to follow. The Lord leads you with the eye of a shepherd. His eye sees the path ahead. His eye is your sure guide.

The eye of the shepherd watches the sheep to protect. The Lord is more than able to protect you. Nothing, absolutely nothing, in your life is beyond the watch care of your Shepherd. The path could be dangerous with carnivorous animals ready to attack the sheep. The shepherd was the protector. So, the Lord is your protector. The shepherd's eye was the protection for the sheep.

The eye of the shepherd watches the sheep to prevent them from going astray. God's people, like sheep, are prone to go astray. The shepherd's staff was used to keep the sheep on the right path. Sheep are known to easily go astray. Their eyes are not dependable to find the way. Their guidance comes from the shepherd's eye. You can trust God's eye to lead you.

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go.
I will guide you with my eye."

Psalm 32:8

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, 
and they follow me." 

John 10:27