Thursday, March 5, 2015

Be Clean before God

God sent Jesus into this world to take away your sins, that you may know the joy of the Lord and be clean before God. Jesus spoke the word that you may know you are cleansed from your sins. God's word to you through the Bible is that you are forgiven and clean before God, by faith in Jesus Christ your Lord.

Is there a sin in your past that causes you to feel unclean before God? Confess that sin in prayer. Ask God to cleanse you through Jesus Christ. God will forgive you. His Son died that you may be clean before God. His mercy in Christ takes your guilt away.

Doubt says, "I know that Christ died for the sins of the world, but I have a past sin that makes me feel guilty." Faith says, "Christ died for all of my sins. I am clean before God."

"If we confess our sins, 
He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, 
and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."  
1 John 1:9

Jesus said, "You are already clean 
because of the word which I have spoken." 
John 15:3

"Son, your sins are forgiven you." 
Mark 2:5