Sunday, March 8, 2015

When God Changes You

The old country preacher said, "I'm a preacher, but I could go out and get drunk if I wanted to. I can commit all the sins I want to, but when God changed my life, I don't want to do all those things anymore. God changed me from the inside out." 

When God changes you, He puts His Spirit within you. You have new desires. You want to obey God's word. After you trust in Christ as your Lord and Savior, God puts the Holy Spirit within you to live a new life.

God's Spirit changes your heart, that is your mind, will, and emotions. Your mind is renewed. Your will seeks God's will. Your emotions are touched by God's love.

If you have believed the gospel of Christ, the Holy Spirit lives in you. As a believer, the Spirit of Christ lives in you. When you do wrong, the Spirit within you is grieved. When you yield to the Spirit, you walk in love, joy, and peace.

"I will put My Spirit within you, 
and cause you to walk in My statutes." 
Ezekiel 36:27

"Having believed, you were sealed 
with the Holy Spirit of promise." 
Ephesians 1:13