Tuesday, July 7, 2015

The Way to God

What is the way to know and experience God in your life? People give a variety of answers to this question. Some would say, "There are many ways to God. Different people find different ways to God." When we ask Jesus to answer the question, His response is clear. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me" (John 14:6, NLT).

Jesus is the true way to God. Scripture bears witness to the truth of Christ. He is the true way, because only Jesus died for our sins. He is the true way, because only Jesus was raised from the dead to justify us from all sin. Jesus is the true way, because He is the truth.

Jesus is the living way to God. Through the power of His eternal life, He ever lives as our Savior and Lord. He is the only Mediator between God and man. "For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus" (1 Timothy 2:5). Jesus is the Mediator of our eternal salvation. It is by faith in Christ alone.

The skeptic may disagree, saying, "That's not fair. It's religious bigotry. It's politically incorrect. That's too narrow." Jesus responds, "I am the way." Who do you believe? I believe Jesus, because only Jesus died for my sins. I believe Jesus, because He alone was raised from the dead for my salvation. I believe Jesus, because the Spirit of God confirms the truth in my heart. I believe Jesus, because He is the truth. He never lied. Jesus is the way to God.