Saturday, August 27, 2016

Faith Defeats Fear

LORD is the covenant name for God. It speaks of his promises to all of his people. God is your light. God promises to be present with you in every situation. He also promises to be your salvation, which means he is able to deliver you from the most difficult situations.

When you really know God is with you always, and that he can deliver you from any situation, then your fear fades away. Faith in God overcomes your fear. 

Is there a harassing fear in your life? Faith in God as your LORD can overcome any fear. Fear says, "What if God is not with me? Maybe he won't deliver me." Faith says, "God is with me. His goodness and mercy follows me all the days of my life."

You have a choice. It's faith in God or the fear of man. Overcome your fear with faith in God. When you choose faith, you choose God. When you don't, you choose fear. Faith defeats fear, because faith is in God.

"The Lord is my helper, so I will not be afraid. 
What can mere mortals do to me?" 
Hebrews 13:6 NLT

"The LORD is my light and my salvation; 
whom shall I fear?" 
Psalm 27:1