Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Darkness to Light

Jesus is the light of the world. His light dispels the darkness of evil. No darkness stands against this light. Light conquers darkness every time. Jesus said, "I am the light of the world. He who follows me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life" (John 8:12).

The only one who cannot be delivered from darkness is the one who loves darkness. God gives us choice. The choice is between darkness and light. Why would anyone want to live in the darkness of evil? Jesus answered the question, "Men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil" (John 3:19). You have a choice. Choose deliverance from darkness to light.

Pray the Word: Lord Jesus, I receive you as the light of my life. Thank you for taking the darkness out of my life. I choose to walk in your light today. Let your light shine through me to deliver others from darkness. Amen.

Do the Word: Consider one way that the darkness is working to tempt you or control you. Ask the Lord to shine his light upon that area of darkness. Choose to refuse the darkness, through the power of the light in our Lord Jesus Christ.