Monday, August 28, 2017

Hope Comes to You

Hope comes to the heart burdened with an impossible situation. Hope brings good news. Yes, God cares. He welcomes the call for help. Hope encourages and comforts. "Now hope does not disappoint" (Romans 5:5).

Hope comes not alone to those who know pain and sorrow. Hope brings faith. It is faith that teaches those in pain and sorrow to trust God, even when they don't understand. Faith and hope introduce one who is greater. He is love. "God is love" (1 John 4:8). Love cares about pain. Love comforts those who sorrow. Faith receives hope and love. "And now abide faith, hope, and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love" (1 Corinthians 13:13).

Pray the Word: God, I thank you for putting faith, hope, and love in my heart, through the Spirit of Christ. May the Holy Spirit fill me with your love today, that I may show my love for you by loving others, through Jesus my Lord. Amen.

Do the Word: Let Christ minister love to others through you. Hopeless people are found everywhere. They need to discover that the Lord cares for them. Show your faith by your deeds. Let your hope encourage and comfort them.