Friday, September 29, 2017

Strengthen Your Faith

To strengthen your faith, you must know the strong foundation for faith. Some people look to their feelings to strengthen faith. They are soon disappointed, because feelings change fast. Others look to unusual experiences to strengthen their faith. However, those experiences are rare and soon become only a memory. 

To strengthen your faith, focus on the Lord Jesus Christ. "We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, on whom our faith depends from start to finish" (Hebrews 12:2, NLT). The Holy Spirit makes Christ real in the hearts of people by faith. Faith is a personal relationship with Christ, enabled by God's Spirit, "for the Holy Spirit gave you full assurance" (1 Thessalonians 1:5, NLT).

Pray the Word: Lord Jesus, I focus my attention upon you to strengthen my faith. I recognize that my faith depends upon you from start to finish. Without you, I can do nothing. Strengthen my faith, as I keep my focus upon you.

Do the Word: When your faith is tested, focus upon Bible verses that promise what God can do in your life, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Read about what Christ has done in the lives of others, trusting him to work in your life as well.