Thursday, November 16, 2017

God Loves You

Remember that God loves you. But, you say, "How could God love me? I'm not worthy of His love." God loves sinners, and He proves it at the cross of Jesus. God loves you, because God is love. It's not about who you are. It's about who God is. "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8).

Only God's Spirit can make the love of God a real experience in your heart. People may hear about the love of God, read about it in the Bible, and hear songs about it, without ever experiencing God's love. God's great love for you only becomes real when you experience it in your heart. "The love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us" (Romans 5:5).

Pray the Word: Father, I receive Your love for me through faith in Jesus Christ. May the Holy Spirit fill me with Your love today, that You may love others through me, in Jesus name. Amen.

Do the Word: Focus your faith upon Christ crucified. Understand that's how much God loves you. He gave His only begotten Son to die for you. Yield to the Holy Spirit today, to fill you with our Father's love.