Saturday, September 15, 2018

Don't Worry about Anything

Why do you worry? It really doesn't do any good. But, you may say, "I can't help it." Don't believe that. The Bible teaches there is something you can do. "Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done" (Philippians 4:6, NLT).

Said the robin to the sparrow, "Why do these human beings run around and worry so?" Said the sparrow to the robin, "Surely it must be, they have no heavenly Father like you and me." Jesus taught that if God feeds the sparrow, surely He will take care of His children. You are more important to Him than a sparrow. Faith looks to God as a loving heavenly Father, and says, "I trust God to help me. He's my Father. I'm His child."

Confess your worries to God. He knows your needs. Trust God to help you. Thank God for his help in advance. That's called faith. Believe that God will help you. Confess these words before God, "The Lord is my helper, so I will not be afraid" (Hebrews 13:6, NLT).

Make a list of your worries. Now, go through them in prayer. Trust your heavenly Father with every care, because he really does care for you. Put a date on your list. Go back at a later date and thank God for helping you.