Friday, October 5, 2012

People Who Refresh Us

"That I may come to you with joy by the will of God,
and may be refreshed together with you."

Romans 15:32

A men's prayer group met for breakfast every Monday at 7 a.m. Several guys got together to share their faith and their prayer requests. One man shared, "In my business I often deal with people who drain me. In the afternoon after work, I go home really drained. But, I want you to know that prayer and fellowship with you guys really refreshes me. I look forward to this meeting every week."

The apostle Paul had Christian friends who refreshed him. There was joy when he gathered with them. Every believer needs to be refreshed with Christian fellowship. We are members of the same body, the body of Christ. We need one another. The Christian life was never intended to be lived as a "lone ranger." It's the will of God that we find strength from Him, and that often comes through refreshing one another. 

Do you have a support group of Christian friends? It may be a Bible study group or prayer group. It may be fellowship with friends from your local church. Don't cut yourself off from the fellowship of other believers. Be a part of a group that refreshes you. Pray that God will use you to refresh others.

Prayer: Father, we thank You for Christian friends in the body of Christ. Use us to refresh one another.