Friday, July 21, 2017

Receive God's Help

Have you ever been in a situation that felt like a trap? You may be in circumstances like that now. If so, don't resign to a hopeless situation. Look to God for help, which he can and will give you. When you look around and find no one who can help, look up and find God's help.

"You are my rock and my fortress. For the honor of your name, lead me out of this peril. Pull me from the trap my enemies set for me, for I find protection in you alone" (Psalm 31:3-4, NLT).

You may ask, "Why would God want to help me?" The answer is clear from the Bible. God loves you. God can help you. God will help you. God loves you, because he is love. God can help you, because nothing is impossible with him. God will help you, because he is good.

You may say, "That all sounds good, but how can I receive God's help?" It's simple. You ask him for help. If you had an emergency and called 911, someone would answer and respond. Help would be sent to you. People are paid to respond. However, God responds freely and graciously, because he loves you and cares. Ask him to help you.