Saturday, December 16, 2017

Forgive Yourself

A certain man believed God had forgiven all of his sins except one. He couldn't accept forgiveness for this one sin. He confessed it to God, but he still felt guilty. He went to a minister with the same confession. The minister called attention to the promise of God's forgiveness in the Bible. Yet, he left that day with the same guilt. "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9).

The minister had said to him, "God has forgiven you, but you need to forgive yourself." The man bowed his head, and said, "I believe you're right." God was willing to forgive him, yet he was not willing to forgive himself. He was punishing himself.

Pray the Word: Father, I believe that You forgive all my sins in Christ at the cross. I agree with Your will to forgive me. I receive Your forgiveness, through the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Do the Word: Agree with God's word and will in Christ. Forgive yourself. Punishing yourself does not bring glory to God. Christ took the punishment for all your sins at the cross. Receiving forgiveness brings glory to God's grace in Christ.