Sunday, December 3, 2017

The Words You Speak

Words have power to change things for better or worse. One match can do much good. It can be used to light a furnace that may keep a house warm in the winter. Also, a match could start a wildfire that may destroy a forest of trees. A match is like the words you speak. Those words may do much good, bringing a blessing to many. However, words can also be used for much evil.

Use your words to the glory of God. Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Offer words of thanksgiving to God in prayer. Share words of testimony about your faith in God. Share your faith with others through words from the Bible. "May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart be pleasing to you, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer" (Psalm 19:14, NLT).

Pray the Word: Father, may the words of my mouth bring glory to You and encouragement to others. Work in my heart, that I may speak words that bless others, in Jesus name. Amen.

Do the Word: Use your words to worship and praise God. Use your words to encourage other believers. Use your words to tell others the gospel of Christ. Let your words please God.