Sunday, May 13, 2018

This Is Mother's Day

When I think of my mother, I remember that she was the very first one to teach me about Jesus, when I was a preschool child. Before I could read, she told me Bible stories and pointed to the pictures in her Bible. The one that always touched me the most was Jesus dying on the cross. It's still the one which touches my heart the most.

I thank God for a mother who taught me the Bible. She had me to memorize John 3:16. It was not long after that, when I believed on Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I wish that I could thank her today. She went to be with the Lord many years ago. Her example, faith, and influence will always be with me.

This is Mother's Day, the day to express your love and appreciation for mother. I sure wish that I could. If you can, don't fail to do so. She won't always be with you. Thank her while you can. I wish that I could say to my mother today, "Thank you mother for telling me about Jesus."

We are indebted to our mothers for so much. The apostle Paul reminded Timothy that his mother taught him the Bible from childhood. Her living faith in Christ was her lasting legacy in her son's life. What a heritage of faith from his mother and grandmother. She was a blessing in Christ forever. May God add to her number. Thank God for such a mother.

"From childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus" (2 Timothy 3:15).