Saturday, June 12, 2021

Is Heaven for Real?

Jesus said to the disciples, "If I go to prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself" (John 14:3). Jesus was talking about heaven. You may ask, "How can I really know there is a place called heaven?" Those who doubt Him will never be certain. Those who reject Jesus Christ cannot be confident. It is for all who have real faith in Jesus Christ.

The believer who is trusting the Lord Jesus Christ knows heaven is real. How can we know? Jesus said, "In My Father's house are many mansions. If it were not so, I would have told you" (John 14:2). Where is heaven? Jesus said, "Where I am, there you may be also" (John 14:3). How do we get to heaven? Jesus said, "I am the way" (John 14:6).

There are many more questions that we could ask about heaven and the life everlasting. The Bible doesn't answer all of our questions, but it tells us about the One who prepares the place. It's all about our relationship with Him. It's a faith relationship.

Is heaven for real? Jesus says, "You believe in God, believe also in Me" (John 14:1). He has a place prepared for every believer. Heaven is real to all who have personal faith and hope in the Lord Jesus Christ. Heaven is real to those who believe His word and trust His promise.