Sunday, August 19, 2012

Where Is Heaven?

"And so we will be with the Lord forever."

1 Thessalonians 4:17

The woman's daughter died in an automobile accident. She was visiting the grave site with a friend. In tears, she said, "If I only knew where heaven is, I would know where my daughter is. Where is heaven?" Her friend said, "I can't get a map and show you where heaven is, but I can tell you. Heaven is where Jesus is, and she will be with Him forever."

Jesus described heaven in terms of "My Father's house." He answered the question about the location of heaven. He said, "Where I am, there you may be also" (John 14:3). Yet, there is a far more important question about heaven: How do we get there? Jesus clearly answered that question. He said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me" (John 14:6). Jesus is not a way to heaven, He is the way. He is the true way. Through the power of His resurrection, Jesus is the living way.

You can be sure of heaven through Jesus Christ. He died for your sins; He is risen again (1 Corinthians 15:1-4). That's the good news we call the Gospel. By faith in Christ alone, we can be sure our sins are forgiven. Through faith in the resurrection of Christ, we can know there is life after death. Faith is depending upon Christ alone to get us to heaven. Jesus knows the way, because He is the way.

Prayer: Lord Jesus, we trust You alone to forgive our sins, to give us eternal life. You alone are the way to heaven. We trust You now and forever.