Friday, October 20, 2017

Your Counselor

Everyone needs counsel from time to time. All along life's journey, problems arise as we encounter difficulty. You can be overwhelmed by problems. You don't have the answers. Help is needed. Where can you find good counsel? The psalmist said to God, "You guide me with Your counsel" (Psalm 73:24). The psalmist's Counselor is every believer's guide.

God will counsel you through Scripture. God has a unique way of bringing a verse from the Bible at just the right time to encourage and strengthen your faith. He may use another person to deliver the word of faith to you. It could be a word of wisdom or a word of knowledge. Counsel from God builds your faith and directs your path.

Pray the Word: Father, I want You to guide me with Your counsel. As You counsel me, I will follow. Lead me according to Your good will, in Jesus name. Amen.

Do the Word: You can talk to God your Counselor anytime. No appointment is necessary. God is with you everyday and everywhere. Ask Him for counsel in all your decisions. Take note of the different ways that His word of counsel comes to you.