Monday, November 27, 2017

The Strength You Need

When you consider the many trials and temptations of life, you may admit your weakness. Are you able to stand the test? Really, that's not the question. Rather, this is the question. Is God able to make you stand? His grace is sufficient for your every need. 

In your weakness, trial, or test, Christ reveals His strength. The apostle Paul testified, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13). In every trial, test and temptation, trust Christ to make you stand. He is able in your weakness. Christ is the strength you need, not in some things but all things.

Pray the Word: Lord Jesus, You know my weakness. I want to know Your strength. I ask You to work in me to be my strength in all things. Amen.

Do the Word: Relinquish self-confidence unto confidence in Christ, who alone is all the strength you will ever need. Submit to Him as Lord of your life. Recognize your weakness as the very place that He can show His strength in you. Give Him all the glory.