Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Look at Mercy

There was a day centuries ago when God revealed mercy. Look at mercy on a hill outside of Jerusalem. Jesus suffered and died for sinners like you and me. Justice demands eternal judgment for all who have sinned. Justice was served at the cross, when Jesus paid the full price for our sins. Believers now receive mercy, because justice was served for us in Christ crucified.

Do you want justice or mercy? Justice says, "Because you are guilty breaking God's law, you deserve eternal judgment." Mercy says, "You are guilty, but Jesus took your judgment at the cross." Justice was served on your behalf, that you may receive mercy. Look at mercy in the cross of Jesus, "who was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised for our justification" (Romans 4:25).

Pray the Word: God, be merciful to me a sinner. As I look at your mercy in the cross of Jesus, I receive your mercy to take away all of my sins. I believe that your Son Jesus was raised from the dead to prove my justification from all of my sins. 

Do the Word: Refuse to live with guilt and shame for your sins. Thank God for his mercy toward you at the cross of Jesus. Accept your justification through the resurrection of Jesus Christ our Lord.