Sunday, February 17, 2019

The Good Shepherd

As a believer in Jesus Christ, the Lord is your Shepherd and you are one of His sheep. Jesus said, "I am the good Shepherd and I know my sheep" (John 10:14). The shepherd and sheep analogy helps you understand how Jesus knows you. He knows who you are and where you are. Jesus knows your hurts and needs. He is the good Shepherd who cares for you.

The Lord leads you in the right path. Sheep have no sense of direction. They must be led by the shepherd. The Lord leads you when you don't understand. He finds you, when you go astray. Faith in your Shepherd to lead your life is necessary, when you cannot understand what is ahead. Trust Him.

The Lord knows your needs. A good shepherd leads his sheep to green pastures for food and rest. He leads them by still waters for peace and security. He understands the needs of his sheep. Jesus cares about your needs. He always cares for you.

The Lord knows you by name. Shepherds in days of old gave each one of their sheep a name. He called them by name. It was a personal relationship. Jesus knows you better than you know yourself. In your relationship with Jesus, all you need to do is follow Him. Jesus said, "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me" (John 10:27).